Friday, May 6, 2011

One of the Greatest Actors

All great movies depend on the actors/actresses that are in them; however, there is only one actor who has moved me time and time again in almost every movie he has been in. I am of coarse talking about the finest, the greatest, and the best: Jack Nicholson.



The first time I remember seeing him act was in the movie "Batman." Even though it was a bit weird to have a man sitting there in make up all day, he was good. I remember seeing him at the age of five and thinking that he was the Joker. Sad enough, he sacred me so much that I cried. My brother makes fun of me for it to this day. Jack is often criticized for not acting enough in this movie; that scares me. If true, then I was always curious to see how much better the movie would have been if he actually tried.

Who can possibly forget the line, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy." Well, the Shining definitely proves this line wrong. I mean, damn. There is nothing like watching a man go crazy and want to kill his family, but Nicholson brought it to a whole new level. He is convincing, he is deadly, and he is one crazy man. Not only is he amazing, but the twins and a boy screaming, "Red Rum!" in his sleep is shrilling. Jack Nicholson hit the jackpot in both the theaters... and in my heart in this film.

The next moving movie that I saw with Nicholson was Chinatown, and holy crap was that good. Not only is Jack believable, but hands down, he is the coolest detective known to man. Not to be hitting on the man, but he is sexy and talented in this film. This film speaks for itself, and is probably my favorite movie of all time. If you haven't seen it, then you are definitely socially inept. I'm kidding, but please rent it.

Finally, the most profound movie of Nicholson is One Flew over the Coocoo's Nest. It is a great book and an even better movie. What can I say about it? Well, this movie defined Jack's career. He plays the beloved McMurphy who is trying to disrupt any authority in his search for fun. My father showed me this movie long ago. I was shocked, I was laughing, and, yes, I did cry. I always used to cry when I was a kid, but anyways, please see this movie at all cost. I would say that this movie is his best role he played in his life, even better than his role in Chinatown and way better than his role in The Departed. Just look how many awards this thing won:


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073486/awards

Though today we have such great actors like Keanu Reeves, Nicolas Cage, and Tom Cruise, I personally would prefer Jack Nicholson. His talent is incredible and unmatchable. If you're interested, here is a list of his movies in this link:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000197/ 

By the way, here's the god now...


LOOKING HOT JACK!

Can you blame him? I know he's let himself go, but he can afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment