Friday, May 6, 2011

Two Other Great Movies Viewed Recently

So I watched two movies recently that I thought were very well done.



The first one was Rosemary's Baby. This is one of the older classic horror films that is both suspenseful and interesting. The premise is that a lady and her husband move into an apartment. Their neighbors are a little weird, overly nice, but welcoming. Then Rosemary, the main character, starts to have weird dreams that almost seem real. During that time, her husband becomes more distant as he starts to spend more time with the neighbors. Then Rosemary becomes pregnant and all hell breaks loose.

I love these older horror movies purely due to the suspense. They knew how to make movies enticing back then. Look at Psycho, it was probably one of the most interesting movies of its era. Movies like Psycho and Rosemary's Baby are the greatest forms of horror films because they drag you in with an interesting story and force you to put yourself into the characters shoes.

If you haven't seen these movies before, I highly recommend that you go see them. Though they are old, but they get the job.

Check this review on it:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rosemarys_baby/



I know that this movie is newer; and yes, I have seen this movie before, but its too good. I Love You Man with Paul Rudd rings true to every person. I haven't seen it in a while and forgot how awkward the scenes are. It reminds everyone of those first awkward interactions that take place between friends-to-be. I can recall moments such as these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3gHpHVYVio

In the end, it's a great movie about how true friends will always stay by your side regardless of what happens. It's smart, clever, and lots of fun.

If you don't believe me, read Ebert's review:

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090318/REVIEWS/903189995

No comments:

Post a Comment